Novello Festival Press > Submissions
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS:
THE 2007 NOVELLO LITERARY AWARD
Novello Festival Press is pleased to announce the call for submissions for the 2007 Novello Literary Award. Submissions must be postmarked no later than June 1, 2006.
The contest gives Carolina writers an opportunity to have their work published and distributed nationally. The winning author receives a book contract with Novello Festival Press, which includes publication of the work and a $1,000 advance against royalties. The winner will be announced in Fall 2006, and the work chosen will be published in Fall 2007.
- The contest is open to anyone over the age of 18 who is a legal resident of N.C. or S.C.
- Submissions should consist of an original, unpublished work of literary fiction or literary non-fiction, 200 to 400 pages. Only one manuscript per author, please. No agent submissions will be accepted.
- The work must be for a general adult audience.
- Manuscripts should be typed, double-spaced, on 8-1/2 x 11" white paper. Good quality photocopies are acceptable. Pages should be numbered consecutively. No email submissions will be accepted.
- A one-page cover letter should accompany the manuscript, containing the author's name, address, telephone number, brief bio, and a short summary of the work. (Note: This is not a "blind" submission process, so you may submit your work either with or without your name appearing on each page.)
- There is no entry fee.
- No manuscripts will be returned. If you would like confirmation of receipt, please enclose a stamped, self-address postcard.
- Previously submitted manuscripts will be accepted as long as the above requirements are met.
Deadline is June 1, 2006. No manuscripts postmarked after that date will be considered. Submissions are judged by the staff of NFP and members of the literary arts community whom NFP may designate. Judges will not critique submissions, nor will they enter into correspondence with authors other than those whose work is chosen for publication. Send manuscripts to:
Novello Literary Award
PLCMC, 310 N. Tryon St.
Charlotte, NC 28202
NEW BOOK WILL CELEBRATE OUR AFRICAN-AMERICAN HERITAGE
If you grew up in this region's African-American community, Novello Festival Press wants to hear from you!
NFP is seeking personal recollections from members of the community for a new book about the African-American experience in the Charlotte-Mecklenburg region.
"This book will celebrate and interpret the wealth of important history from our African-American community," said Amy Rogers, NFP's Executive Editor. "And we are proud to announce that Fannie Flono, Associate Editor at the Charlotte Observer, will edit the book."
Rogers said, "We are looking for recollections of family life, church and school life, the war years, politics, business – the struggles and triumphs that are memorable." The book is scheduled for publication in February 2007.
Guidelines are below:
- You must be 18 or over.
- Your submission must be a real, personal account of African-American life in Charlotte-Mecklenburg.
- You may send up to three submissions, no more than 300 words each.
- The work must be your own original, true-life experience. We welcome submissions from previously unpublished writers.
- Send a cover sheet with your name, address, phone number, and one paragraph about yourself.
- No materials will be returned. DO NOT SEND ORIGINAL LETTERS, PHOTOS OR OTHER MATERIALS.
- You must grant permission for the library to edit your story and print your name.
- There is no fee to enter; each contributor will receive a copy of the finished book.
- Submissions must be postmarked by April 1, 2006. Send to:
Novello Festival Press
or by email: NovelloPressBook@aol.com.
310 N. Tryon St.
Charlotte, NC 28202
|©2003 Public Library of Charlotte & Mecklenburg County
310 N. Tryon Street, Charlotte, NC 28202 Phone: (704) 432-0153
Direct comments to the webmaster
||This project received support from the North Carolina Arts Council, an agency funded by the State of North Carolina and the National Endowment for the Arts.